Tuesday, 18th December 2012
The Town Team Initiative workshop, scheduled to be held in Halstead, Essex on Thursday 14th February 2013 will help towns get a better understanding of exactly how they can implement the recommendations from the government-commissioned ‘Mary Portas Review of the High Street’, from setting up or strengthening a Town Team, through to ‘rethinking the town centre’ and making the most of the new policies and rights to encourage town centre regeneration. The workshop will also consider the importance of ‘knowing your town’ and ‘understanding your town’s offer’ as recommended by the Portas Review and look at how this can be achieved.
Delegates will also have the opportunity to hear direct from three towns which are already successfully implementing initiatives promoted by the Mary Portas Review, including setting up new markets, addressing the issue of empty shops, running festivals and events and engaging local business to work together.
This event, will be of interest to a wide range of groups working in towns, including:
• Town Teams and Town Partnerships – the day promises a useful exchange of ideas, solutions and experience
• Town and parish councils concerned about what they can do to revive and sustain their towns
• Local Authority Officers working to support their towns
• Local Chambers, BIDs and Business Associations and Forums who would benefit from the exchange with like minded groups
• Individual retailers who are interested to learn what is proving successful elsewhere to increase footfall and local loyalty
The cost of attending this event is subsidised, with attendance fees starting at just £45 including lunch.
Halstead, Essex: Thursday 14th February 2013
Please call Brenda Baker 01376 550373 if you would like to attend
A host of historic information can be found in our easy to use database - happy hunting!
Other Archived Stories